A few KLZE issues

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3man83

A few KLZE issues

Post by mx3man83 »

My KLZE won't rev past 6500 RPM. Fuel cut doesnt kick in, but it just feels like it's maxed out. Occasionally i can get it to 7000, but rarely. Any ideas what could cause this? It is definitely not race ready, I still have some tuning to do and i need to get the correct ecu, but could this be caused by something else?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
tocixxx

Re: A few KLZE issues

Post by tocixxx »

Your K8 is in limb-mode. Check the error codes !!!
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
My KLZE won't rev past 6500 RPM. Fuel cut doesnt kick in, but it just feels like it's maxed out. Occasionally i can get it to 7000, but rarely. Any ideas what could cause this? It is definitely not race ready, I still have some tuning to do and i need to get the correct ecu, but could this be caused by something else?
Testing out those retainers already? How many rpms are trying to achieve? Limb-mode? Is this when your wife sends you out to clean up the yard after a wind storm? Then your so tired you "Limp" back into the house. :froggie_red:
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
13flat

Post by 13flat »

i thought the redline on a ze was 6500??
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Nope, Id say 7000, but have been told it will pull past 8000. With the retainer pin problems, no way Id rev it up that high.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

My ecu is in limp mode? What? There is no CEL or anything like that...is there something else I should look for? What do you mean testing out the retainers? What retainers? Ohh..and it's not cutting out,like when you rev a k8 past 7500 it shuts the fuel supply off, it just wont go any further no matter how far I mash the pedal :) I'm trying to get ideas to test out since this weekened I will be going to my parents house, and they are the ones with the shop and the tools. Thanks guys.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

your cat might be plugged up.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

check your throttle linkage.

1. With the car not running.

2. Take the plastic tube off of the throttle body(the one that goes to the air intake). So you can see the butterfly valve.

3. push the gas pedal to the floor, and use a mirror or stretch your neck to see if the valve is fully opened.

4. If it doesnt open all the way, adjust the linkage and/or pedal until it opens all the way.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”