engine idles at 2700 rpm

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hybrid

engine idles at 2700 rpm

Post by hybrid »

I just finished swapping in kl into my girlfriends car, the engine seems to run good except for the fact that it revs to 2700 as soon as it starts. I have checked the vac system, Throttle linkage, IAC valve but can't seem to get it to idle down. Can I adjust it out, or is it something more serious. The only thing I have not done is reset the TPS sensor and idle by putting the computer in diagonstics mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Ken, Newfoundland.
If the car is not what you want change it!!
papa roached

Re: engine idles at 2700 rpm

Post by papa roached »

i would reset the ECU and there is a small screw on the top of the throttle body that allows you to adjust idle, but you gotta short out two pins in the diagnostic port before you can, i forget what ones though
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

did you take off the tb during the swap
if so you prob put the tb gasket on backwards
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Blueman

Post by Blueman »

I may have the same problem. How can you tell if the gasket is on backwards?
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

My KLZE does the same thing sometimes, not always. It will rev to like 1500 for no reason whatsoever. I have the t/b adjusted and everything. Normally idles at 650, but sometimes i'll pull up to a light and stop and the car will just be revving at 1500 :shrug:
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

it might be some little vacuum leak, or defect solenoid. I have the same problem, and I think it has to do with the brake booster, you need a different brake booster, possibly from probe or mx6.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

does it idle that high when its warmed up? ir it idles that high when its cold it should be idling at 2k (mine does) then when warmed up falls lower, can barely hear it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

gro harlem have you checked your throttle cable? my 1.8 did that on ocassion but if you pulled back on the gas pedal it would stop later after adjusting the throttle cable it stopped doing it completely
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

i dont know if its just coincidence but for those of your that are idling and the rpm goes up u should check to see that your oil level is full. the 2700 rpm thing... good luck. try setting your tps sensor
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Gro, make sure the hose clamp on the intake side of the VAF isnt too tight. It could be catching the little sensor everyonce in awhile making it stick at 1500rmps.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Problem Fixed. It was the throttle plate. It wasn't closing all the way, my guess is the engine was hit in transport and the shafts got bend. I swapped on the 1.8's T.B. for the time being. The engine is working fine aside from a small power steering leak. It such's my girlfriends car is faster then mine. Time for me to boost.

Thanks for the help, Keep up the good work!!

Ken
Newfoundland :D
If the car is not what you want change it!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”