KLZE installed, no fuel delivery...Fuel pump solenoid?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3man83

KLZE installed, no fuel delivery...Fuel pump solenoid?

Post by mx3man83 »

I'm kind of in a hurry so if anyone has any information please do tell. I am searching through the online shop manua but no luck as of yet. Is there some sort of fuel pump solenid that could have been disconnected or has failed?? My KLZE turns over but will not start. I pulled the gas line that connects both of the rails, it was bone dry. There is absolutely no fuel getting to the engine. I tested the actualy fuel pump itself like the online shop manual said to and it is still good, only problem it doesn't turn on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
jaydog5678

Re: KLZE installed, no fuel delivery...Fuel pump solenoid?

Post by jaydog5678 »

Check the fuse for the pump relay.

Did you switch to a new pump?
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

this may sound stupid but do you have any fuel in your tank, check to see that you have your fuel lines on correctly, and check the relay as well to the fuel pump, also check to see that the pump is gettin power, i said this same problem and the problem was my relay was bad :froggie_red: :werd:
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

After I posted I found where the relay was in the Online shop manual, but i dont think thats the problem. In my GS SE(one NOT KLZE), I can hear the fuel pump kick on when i attempt to start it, but this is not the case with my black one(KLZE). I switched both the relay and the pump over to my black one and still no go. What else tells the fuel pump to turn on? Could I have a problem with my vaccuum tubes, specifically the one to my FPR? I checked the manual and it's going exactly where it should be!! Very frustrating...I had no trouble with fuel delivery before my swap so I'm thinking it has to be something to do with the connections. Well, I do know of one connection that is not hooked up, only because it has nowhere to go. When i received my engine the little black solenoid things in the back( I think they are VRIS solenoids) were broken, so i had to jerry rig up some temporary tubes that I could stick where the ole had broken off. I think that one of the connectors was totally broken off, but its hard to tell because well, its gone, so i dont know what use to be there. Would this affect fuel delivery? I was thinking it would only affect the VRIS activity.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

I know it may sound stupid but try reversing the 2 lines - it took me 2 days to figure that out when I did my swap!
Taras

Post by Taras »

In preparing for the swap, what did you do to ensure that the fuel system was empty? So you do not get fuel spraying everywhere?

Most people disconnect fuel pump connector while the car is running and that will pull the rest of the fuel from the fuel lines so you do not get showered when you disconnect them. So, did you check fuel pump connector under the rear seat.

Sounds like all of what's been mentioned are probable causes. Did you switch the ECU's? IfYes, then did you plug everything back in?

Good luck....
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Well I did have the lines reversed, but it still didn't start when i corrected them. For some reason it seems like alot of different places seem to be clicking when I hot wire the relays(the fuel injector and engine one). I took the relays out and hot wired them and it seems like they are working fine, well, at least they are clicking. I just can't seem to get the fuel pump to run! I'm going crazy....
My Cardomain site
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

The relays may be clicking, but are their contactors making contact? You shouldn't take that for granted - check with a continuity tester.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I did the same thing when i did the swap had the lines reversed and it took several tries to get fuel flowing again. I would turn the key on and wait a few seconds then try to start it. Took several tries but it finally came to life. Check to see that you dont have a line pinched especially down aroun the filter.
65 shot > V8
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

This morning I hot wired the fuel pump with a jump starter box right at the pump, and the pump worked just fine. So I hooked it up and cranked it over and it fired right up. I guess it just needed more time to pump fuel through the lines, or maybe I had some sort of loose connection at the fuel pump. So it's in, working fine, but I am having issues hooking up the intake tube fitment since the angle on the IM is different than the k8 one. I will be putting the tires on in a few and take 'er for a test drive. I'll let you all know how it goes.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Ok now some new issues have arisen. My oil light is on and it is starting to tap in the heads(I turned it off as soon as i heard it of course). I checked the oil and its just as full as it was when i topped it off. Also, my clutch doesn't disengage! I've got a feeling it's something to do with the clutch actuator and not the flywheel/clutch set up since it's just an OEM flywheel with an ACT clutch for the mx-3. When I was installing my new brake pads I had to squeeze the brake pistons so the caliper would fit back on the rotor, could this have anything to do with it? Before I did that my brake fluid was kind of low and afterwards it was to the top. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I just found out where the oil pressure switch is, well would that affect oil circulating or is that just a sensor? I'm going to go check the connections just in case.
My Cardomain site
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Originally posted by mx3man83:
My oil light is on and it is starting to tap in the heads, Also, my clutch doesn't disengage! I had to squeeze the brake pistons so the caliper would fit back on the rotor, could this have anything to do with it?
1. Did you remember to connect the wire harnass back up next to the Alternator?
2. Lengthen the throw on rod on the pedal so when you depress the pedal the rod will go in futher to the clutch master cylinder.
3. No, you have to do this on almost every car when you change the brakes.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

A little update...I'm convinced it's something to do with the flow of the brake fluid or the power brake fluid? Why? Well because I just found out my brakes do not work. The pedal feels exactly how it does when the car is off. What could cause this? I hooked the vaccum line up to the power brake unit, so it's not a vaccum issue...well, unless it's clogged or something.
My Cardomain site
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Did you put the line on in the right direction going to the brake booster? there is a check valve in there to keep vaccum in the booster. Did you replace the clutch line or did you take the brake line off the caliper to some how get air into the system?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”