HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jspicoli

HELP

Post by jspicoli »

I was coming home tonight and it seems every time I would slow down to take a corner or my car was sitting idling my charge battery light would come on. When I got home I started playing around and the more things I turned on the more the light came on. I bought a brand new battery in March so I don't think it would be that...has anyone had a problem like this.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: HELP

Post by Mnemonic »

my vote is more than likely you have a bad altenator which is causing your car to pull all its power from the battery, when i had my firebird this happen to me a few times, till 4am i got stranded in the middle of no where cause my car had no more power.

You can go up to autozone and they are still testing altenators (reason i say still is i was there today and the guy said in about a month they are nolonger going to be testing them) so hurry hurry

hoped this helped some
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Yeah, sounds like your alternator, not cheap! sorry bud :crying:
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I have an extra alternator that came on my ZE engine- $40+shipping
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
curve

Post by curve »

I have an alternator to that ill take 50 shipped for it
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

TSI miata.. just a FYI the Ze alt is more powerful then the K8 alt... if i remember right the ZE alt it 110amps, and the stock is 90amps... That doesnt sound right but its what i remember :freak:
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

[quote]Originally posted by T-Rose:
TSI miata.. just a FYI the Ze alt is more powerful then the K8 alt... if i remember right the ZE alt it 110amps, and the stock is 90amps... That doesnt sound right but its what i remember :)

Go to autozone,kragens or some other parts store and get an eletrical test done for free....

<small>[ October 01, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: lazzyie ]</small>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”