I need help with a battery problem! or starter, please,

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
sugawolf03

I need help with a battery problem! or starter, please,

Post by sugawolf03 »

Hello everyone i have a mechanical problem with my Mazda Mx-3, I try to start it but all i heard is a clicking noise, and all my lights and radio were not working so I said "IT MUST BE THE BATTERY!" I was so relieved, but I tryed to start the car and all I hear is a clicking noise, I am not sure if i installed the battery right either, I know this sounds really dumb but I am just not good with cars. I was hoping someone could tell me how to install a battery for a mazda mx-3 and, tell me if it is the starter or the battery, because when I try to start it I don't even hear the "putt-putt" Maybe it is because the battery is not properly installed. <BR>Thank you for your time, and sorry for the grammer and spelling I am in a rush, thanks again.<BR>
sugawolf03

Re: I need help with a battery problem! or starter, please,

Post by sugawolf03 »

There are 2 cords I don't know where they go, one looks like a horse shoe the other just a wire.. where do they go????

Post by Guest »

Well all I know to start is that the wire with one wire is the Negative and the one with two wires on it is Positve, <P>Try this and see what you come up with, If it doesnt work , Well just make a plan B<P>Chris
drehabz69

Post by drehabz69 »

make sure your computer wire is hooked up... i think it would be the one that looks like a horseshoe, it should have a black rubber cover on it<P>hook it up on the negative side of the battery<P>------------------<BR>Rather ride d!ck then ride a CIVIC!!
Rather ride d!ck then ride a CIVIC!!
92MX3GS

Post by 92MX3GS »

If it was hooked up backwards I wouldn't know what the effects would be. (never done it before) If your battery still has a charge (you can check it with a voltmeter, or look at your voltmeter in the dash, should read 12 when car isn't running) Then it sounds like the solenoid in your starter might be going bad.
mendel00985

Post by mendel00985 »

SugaWolf: check the online service manual right on this site and for your pockets sake, please make certain that the battery is connected properly...if it's not hooked right, you risk an awful lot of damage i.e. shorted out battery or worse. This is not meant to frighten you but I think that you'll get a better idea reading it first; IF it's the starter, then as someone mentioned earlier, the solenoid [in the starter]could need replacement[may as well have it rebuilt entirely]. Lotsa luck and keep us abreast of what the outcome is-hopefully favorable. Manny

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”