Possible purchase of MX3 GS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SuperDave

Possible purchase of MX3 GS

Post by SuperDave »

Hey guys! Whats up?
Any way, im takin a 93 Mx-3 GS for a test drive and inspection tonight. The car is a 93 GS 5spd, with sunroof, alarm, power windows, locks and keyless remote. Its black and has 16" alloys with fairly decent radials. The car has some wheres between 105 - 150k KM's on the engine. (I cant remember the exact #) The guys's askin 5900 Canadian, but I offered 5500. Im just looking for some feedback on the price, and what to look for or ask to have checked when I get it inspected.
Price....fair...decent...too muhc...etc etc??
So far aside from the common things to look for, Im gonna ask to have the HLA's checked. Anything else I should have checked that maybe be possibly wrong or have tendencies to need replacing on the car?
Thanx alot guys for any help u give!
TsiMiata

Re: Possible purchase of MX3 GS

Post by TsiMiata »

I don't think the HLA's go bad, they just get noisy
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

maybe have the rear brake calipers checked, they like to sieze up a few years, but you would notice that while driving, slow sluggish.... But that is about the only real problem I have had.<p>My 1.8 engine went until 240,000 km and ran great when I took it out. So I dont think there is to much to worry about with then engine, just of course make sure its not blowing blue smoke of when started or driving.<p>And to keep the price in perspective I paid 10,500 in 94/95 for a 92 gs with 80,000 km.<p>In general I think most of the people on this board are happy with there mx-3's.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Only thing I could recommend checking is the axles. I think I went through 4 of them since I had my car.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
SuperDave

Post by SuperDave »

Axesl eh....well then i guess its my luck because both the rear and front axels have been replaced. along with rad, bay and altenator.<p>car comes with 16" alloys, radials, stock rims and winter + summer tires for the stock rims.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”