Aftermarket filter and VRIS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dancake

Aftermarket filter and VRIS

Post by dancake »

Iv just fitted a $20 ractive filter directly to my Air flowmeter. Im well aware that once the engine bay warms up, i will loose the power. But wow what about that sound? it sounds ace: especially the step change in volume at around 4000 rpm ish. Im assuming this definate change in induction (warble ) noise is one of the VRIS flaps opening up: am I correct<p>Im well pleased with this cheap cowboy job but who cares <p>second hand heatshield filter on original piping
Kept the resonator silencer thingy
kept the underbonnet scoop<p>Want to bring fresh air from the bumper via a 3" flexible pipe and a 3" speaker port, but the opening to the ractive filter is over 4". What do I do? . I recon that the car definately works really well for the few minutes the air around the filter is still cool!
MX-3 1.8 V6, 120000 miles. Aqua green metallic.My car domain page is here. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=395842&page=2
Aston Wards

Re: Aftermarket filter and VRIS

Post by Aston Wards »

Take out your LH foglight, and use the space in front of your wheel arch to place your filter, no engine heat, lots of cool air(you'll need to cut away a lil metal too), and no holes in your bumper.
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”