Exedy Clutches?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Bri94GS

Exedy Clutches?

Post by Bri94GS »

I need to get a new clutch for my car, I just want something OEM quality. I was looking on eBay and I saw Exedy kits for $119 + shipping. I was just wondering if anyone tried one of these, and what you guys heard about them. Drop any thoughts. Thanks.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
TsiMiata

Re: Exedy Clutches?

Post by TsiMiata »

Exedy makes some nice stuff. I wouldn't hesitate if it truly is exedy.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

That's probably what I'm going to buy when I replace my clutch this summer. My brother in law bought an Integra clutch last year from the same retailer. The stuff came in some off brand box, but the stuff inside was was all high quality and from the manufacturer advertised. I guess just distributed from some wierd company.<p>Anyways, he's been running a heavy shot of nitrous regularly, and his engine has been worked over to put out near 200 HP without the NOS. No problems thus far. No slipping. No chatter. Nothing.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

i bought that kit for my del sol and the clutch works fine. i wouldnt run a ze or any power adders like boost or nos on it but for a stock replacement its mine. make sure to get ur flywheel resurfaced and also change the rear main bearing seal
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I just plan on running it on my 1.8L, intake/exhaust. Thanks for the advice, I think I'm gonna go with it.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

exedy makes a clutch for the v6?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steeb:
exedy makes a clutch for the v6?<hr></blockquote><p>If you want to use the Probe/MX6 2.5L clutch, then yes. Not sure about the one specifically for the 1.8L, but who cares. Most manufacturers ream you for the 1.8 specific clutch.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

YEa, it says it fits the MX-3 GS, MX-6 v6, and Probe Gt...Probe GT clutches will fit in an mx-3 tranny right?
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

why dont you get an act clutch for 315 shipped on ebay. I bought from the guy and he is really good for shipping time. once i payed for it, 24 hours he sent me the tracking number. Plus ACT make good clutchs.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

because i'm not putting a $315 clutch in my mx-3...whats the point? It's the stock motor with no plans of a swap at this point.<p>[ August 15, 2003: Message edited by: Bri94GS ]</p>
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

or $250 for a clutch masters from mwww.rr-racing.com<p>But like he said he's not looking to do anything crazy so stock is the way to go.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

if your looking for something cimple. just go to NAPAONline.com Pretty cheap for cltuch there.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

I am trying the exedy clutch in my klde swap I will let you know how it goes
They state online that i tcan take a 55 shot of nitrous with no slip , and it also says for probe so it should hold up for a probe with 55 shot of nitrous correct which means it can handle 220hp correct me if I'm wrong but this to me sounds correct .
So I hope it holds up
Thanks alot Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MazdamaniacMx3:
I am trying the exedy clutch in my klde swap I will let you know how it goes
They state online that i tcan take a 55 shot of nitrous with no slip , and it also says for probe so it should hold up for a probe with 55 shot of nitrous correct which means it can handle 220hp correct me if I'm wrong but this to me sounds correct .
So I hope it holds up
Thanks alot Kris
<hr></blockquote><p>Yes. It should hold up. I don't know why everyone thinks that 220 HP is such a gaudy amount of power that an OEM style can't hold up with that amount of power?? Like I said, my brother in-law has a 200 HP N/A engine and runs a nice shot of NOS on one of those Exeddy and he's fine. I think those ACT and CM are overproliferated, and overhyped. Maybe if I'm getting up over 250 HP, fine. Then maybe it's worth it. But now we're recommending a $350 clutch for a 135 HP engine??? Even if I had a million-gillion dollars, I wouldn't spend $350, or even $250 on a performance clutch for the base 1.8L.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

That's exactly how I was thinking. Thanks guys.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”