suggestions?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blkmx3_v6

suggestions?

Post by blkmx3_v6 »

Two problems:<p>1. Sometimes when I start my car it will make a squealing noise for about 10 seconds. I had my belts checked and they seem to be in good conditions.<p>2. I'm hearing some kind of airy noise from my front right tire (location)...my car is lowered.
Len-Dogg

Re: suggestions?

Post by Len-Dogg »

When I start my car it makes an "eeerrrkkk" for about 1 second. I'm sure it has something to do with the starting system, but I have no idea what it is.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
MarcJ

Post by MarcJ »

It is probably the belts or belt related. Often it is a sign of the the bearing on a belt tensioner going out. Remove the tensioner and push out the bearing. They are a couple of dollars at any autoparts store.<p>I recomend doing this before the bearing goes out, breaking a belt and having it jam in your water pump. (Trust me on this one ;) )
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

mean your belts are slipping. Change the bearing and tighten them up.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

yeah just go buy the bearing. I went to mazda to see if i could just replace the pulley itself thinking how much could it be seeing the pulley on any car i had ever worked on was around 20 bucks CAD but no they wanted 76 bucks CAD for just the pulley. The whole tensioner assembly was 190 bucks. Forget that
blkmx3_v6

Post by blkmx3_v6 »

Thanks for the feedback but how difficult is this procedure? Do I need to buy specific bearings for the mazda mx-3? Any pics or steps involved would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”