What clutches for K8??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

What clutches for K8??

Post by lakersfan1 »

I'm not sure how hard the previous owners of my MX3 drove it, and it's at 90K miles. Plus, I am thinking I'll be adding a wet shot of nitrous some time soon for the occasional once a month 1/4 mile runs at the local speedway.<p>So I was looking at new clutches. Now first off, I'll be damned if I spend anywhere near $300 for a clutch kit....so ACT and Centerforce are out.<p>I was looking on eBay and noticed Exedy kits for $115. However, it only says it's for 94 and 95 MX3 1.8's. But, assuming it does fit, any piece made for the more powerful 2.5L should be more than adequate for the 1.8 with some NOS on it......shouldn't it?
lakersfan1

Re: What clutches for K8??

Post by lakersfan1 »

Also, there's a SACHS kit on NOPI.com for $130.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

If you plan on spraying I would get a better clutch. You can get a ClutchMasters stage 1 off of rr-racing.com for a pretty decent price. Otherwise cheap clutches should be ok. Make sure you get the flywheel resurfaced as well. The ones for 94-96 will fit 92-93s fine its just the clutch disk is 10mm wider.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Also, why are there so many different formats for clutches? I found one site that offered 3 puck, 4 puck, 6 puck, and continuous friction options......what's the differences? Are more pucks better or worse? Are there tradeoffs?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”