Any Way To Get Colder Air Out Of Vents?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Any Way To Get Colder Air Out Of Vents?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I don't have air, and i dont really mind, but at highway speeds, its a bit noisy with the windows down, but what i dont understand is im getting hotter air though the vents than it is outside. I have the air vents set to Fresh Air and its all teh way to cold. The weird part is i get colder air when my air is set to to 4/5 Fresh than if it was all the way to fresh.<p>BTW, where does teh air come from?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Spida

Re: Any Way To Get Colder Air Out Of Vents?

Post by Spida »

Yeah I get the same thing but I assumed that this was simply a problem of the vents and the piping caring the air to the inside had heated in the hot temps and they in turn heat the air.
I’m not sure where the air comes from but I guess it’s from right in front on the windshield
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

yeah it comes from infront of the windshield and passes through your heater core before entering the cab. a little coolant is still flowing through your heater core, enough to warm the air up.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by johnnyb:
yeah it comes from infront of the windshield and passes through your heater core before entering the cab. a little coolant is still flowing through your heater core, enough to warm the air up.<hr></blockquote><p>
Ahh! Thats how those damn flowers that fall off the tree i park under and get in and hit me in the face through the vent!<p>[ July 16, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Spida

Post by Spida »

Yeah I was thinking of putting a filter on those vents infornt of the window so I don't get that stuff in my car.
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

I've had to take the blower out twice now to clear the leaves etc that fall in as the blower fan starts ticking after a while.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

theres supposed to be a filter in the ventilation system and they say you're supposed to change it every time you change your air filter :shrug:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”