another kfze question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TURBOst

another kfze question

Post by TURBOst »

hey, i finally got my jdm kfze engine in my car, i tried starting it with my k8 ecu but it wouldn't start up. a few things: i tried to start it up w/o trans fluid in the tranny, is there a sensor that would inhibit the engine from starting without the proper fluid level? will it start w/o my egr attached and with the throttle body that came with my kfze? i also noticed my distributer is different from the one on my original engine in that the spark plugs fire from different points than my stock engine, if you know some possible points where i could have gone wrong let me know, otherwise i'm going to have to wait till my new ecu comes in about a month :confused:
lazzyie

Re: another kfze question

Post by lazzyie »

Hmm I would use the k8 distributor, did you screw with the timing at all that is usually most peoples problem after the swap, check your fuel lines make sure they aren't backwards. Why oh why do you have no tranny fluid in the car? The car will run without the egr hooked up but it will have a constant check engine light. Good luck.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

the engine should run no matter what ecu you have in there, as long as it is from a K series engine.<p>
Did you make sure the ignition wires were in the right place? and yeah, check the fuel lines, to see if they are backwards, that would defintely cuase it.<p>Maybe you should check for a spark. Hook up a timing light to any of the plugwires and see if they are all sparking. This will tell yoi if its a fuel or ignition related problem.<p>
It could also be the timing belt...did you replace it before you put the motor in? If you got it off by a few teeth, it would definitely keep the engine from starting.<p>And, stupid question, but hey...maybe its the problem. Did you hook up the airflow meter? i ALWYAYS Forget to hook those damn things up and then i wonder why the hell the car doens't start :lol:<p>let us know the status bro!! You shouldn't have to wait for that ecu to get that thing at least running pretty well :)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
TURBOst

Post by TURBOst »

hey, i did hook up the fuel lines right and i didn't screw with the timing, hopefully it will start soon, i'm going to make sure it's getting fuel and work on the firing order, i'm really worried that it might not run because the distributers fire different plugs at different places, but i'll try both distributers
TURBOst

Post by TURBOst »

hey, i got it running! all i needed to do was put my old k8 distributer on there. it's running rich as expected and i was wondering if there's anyway for me to make it run a little leaner? thanks, thane
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TURBOst:
hey, i got it running! all i needed to do was put my old k8 distributer on there. it's running rich as expected and i was wondering if there's anyway for me to make it run a little leaner? thanks, thane<hr></blockquote><p>Get a hold of a proper KFZE computer?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The k8 ECU makes it run really rich.
Talk to Lazzie (look in the buyer/seller feedback forums for his info). He can get you one. HE got me mine. Hows it run? Hows the power?<p>Which IM are you using and what cams do you have.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”