ebay crossdrilled rotors

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

ebay crossdrilled rotors

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Hi everyone, just wanted your opinions on thoseebay crossdrilled rotors they are reserves at 85 USD (front set and rear set)..Does it worth it or it's a rip off?
Thanx for any comments
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
JasonH

Re: ebay crossdrilled rotors

Post by JasonH »

I think they're worth it. I haven't bought any yet, but they look ok and the seller is reputable. I think you'd be hard-pressed to get a set of non-cross drilled rotors for $85, so I think these are a deal.
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Could someone fill me in as to what these are?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

here are some info on the crossdrilled ad
-18 to 25% more braking power!
-Superior engineered Cross-Drilled designs vent brake gas!
-Increased ability to dissipate heat!
-Reduced brake fade means shorter stopping distances after repeated stops!
-Improved wet weather raking design sweeps water away from between the rotor and the pads!
-Each hole is radius-chamfered to produce a smooth transition at the edge off the hole diameter, which reduces stress risers and the occurrence of fractures!
-Unlike slotted rotors, cross-drilled are very friendly with brake pads!
-The rotors are designed with a directional pattern, so a pair consist of a left and a right rotor!
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

As anyone bought them, and if so did you have any problems with the seller..I would like to hear from somebody who bought them..Thanx
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

How are cross-drilled rotors going to increase your braking power? there are holes drilled into them which means less surface area for the pads to slow your car down with. <p>From waht i've learned. Cross-drilled and slotted rotors are for looks more than function. They ARE better for dissipating heat, but that is only if you are hardcore racing. If you are driving on the street normally, you won't notice any difference.<p>
If you want nice looking rotors, that is a great deal! I'm not sure of the quality, but they are the same price you'd pay at autozone for replacements, so why not? I was considering buying these myself.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Cross drilled and slotted rotors increase braking power because it keeps the pads and the rotors cooler during braking. Any time you increase the power output of the engine, you will want to upgrade the brakes. If you're going faster you wanna be able to stop as well right? I'm not saying with these rotors you will be able to go from 60-0 in .3 seconds. And No, the will not make you stop any quicker than with regular brake rotors. What they are for is when you stop repeatedly your rotors heat up rapidly. These help disipate heat while the brakes are not being applied, as well as keeping it cooler while the brakes are applied. In effect making you stop better and more often ;) than without. If you don't have significant power added to your car, there is really no reason for these except for cosmetics.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

hmmm the guy is in ontario, and its wierd because a guy at work was telling me the other day about his friend that makes cross drilled rotors in his garage, has boxes made up and everything, and he sells them on ebay! if thats him maybe i can get a deal for the mx-3er's
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sureshiit:
hmmm the guy is in ontario, and its wierd because a guy at work was telling me the other day about his friend that makes cross drilled rotors in his garage, has boxes made up and everything, and he sells them on ebay! if thats him maybe i can get a deal for the mx-3er's<hr></blockquote><p>i just emailed him to find out where he lives
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

IF XDRILLE & SLOTTED DONT WORK SO WELL THEN WHY ARE THEY ON STOCK PORCHES
I GOT A SET THEY LOOK GOOD STILL NEED TO INSTALL EM
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Yes your lowering your braking surface but drilling actually increases surface area allowing for better heat dicipation and reducing "Glazzing". This is good for hardcore drivers but less warpage occurs too. (Heat+friction causes warping) Less heat.. less warp.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”