What wire is what??Cig lighter??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Lover

What wire is what??Cig lighter??

Post by MX-3 Lover »

Okay, I'm wiring up a switch for my amp and I'm running it off my cig lighter. Is the blue wire the 12v supply and the black the ground??<p>I know this is not in the stereo section but I need a quick answer....<p>Any help would be great....<p>
Thanks
Mat
BumpNGlow

Re: What wire is what??Cig lighter??

Post by BumpNGlow »

why are you running it off of the cig lighter? Which wire are you wanting to hook it to? remote wire? Just hook it to your deck.<p>But yes, theblue wire should be the power wire. Whip out the DMM and check it out.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
MX-3 Lover

Post by MX-3 Lover »

okay thanks....All I'm doing is using a power to a switch which is running to the amp, which has a constant power to it from the battery....Basically, it's just to turn the amp on and off....<p>THanks<p>Mat
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

ummm first that wire from the cig lighter is not constant, it's only on when the car is, and second, why not just hook it to your remote wire since you have to take the dash apart to hook up your RCA's unless you use a line out converter, which don't work for crap in my opinion but whatever
Keep smiling, It keeps people wondering what you are doing!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I think what he's saying is hes run the power wire from the battery to the amp and now he's running the little 12v wire thats used to turn the amp on. My question is this: why not run it to the wire designed for that purpose on your head unit?<p>When I wired up my amp i wired it up to a switch so I had the option of turning it off, when I listen to Howard Stern in the morning its just too much to have my sub going ballistic.
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

hay im with jony howard has to much base his voice is to deep. but im lucky i got the eclips 3422 and it has the option to turn down the sub valume. <p>ya but he should use the controle wire in back of the head unit then wire in a swich from there

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”