Need Some Insight!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nolimits865

Need Some Insight!

Post by nolimits865 »

O.K. here is my problem. I had my clutch replaced and now when i turn on my A.C. the compressor doesnt kick on you can usually tell when its on.anyway my passanger side cooling fan comes on when i hit the A.C button and when i turn it off it stops sounds like they crossed up some wiring somewhere but they said all the fuses and relays were good so i guess i'll try and figure it out myself. My check engine light is also coming on after being on the highway.I found a vaccum line that they didnt hook back up and ther is a connection for one where the clutch lever is at on the tranny.I heard Autozone will pull codes for free so i guess i will see. Thanks guys!! By the way its a 92 GS!!
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: Need Some Insight!

Post by Zoso124 »

No Autozone won't pull the codes on you OBDI car because they have no idea how to do it or a way to look up the codes. You can read the codes your self then look on Jeff's page to find the meaning. If you look in that little diagnostic box lid next to the firewall under the hood you'll see TEN and GND. Jumper those two together and turn the key to the on position. Now count the series of flashes and you'll have the codes.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

bump
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Check to make sure your wireharness are connected, you can't get any mixed up, there all different. Did you check to see how much pressure was in the A/C system? Is the belt on right? After you hooked up the vaccum line back up did you reset the computer? Is your IAC connected? Did you check the resistance on the sensor its self? Did you check continuity of the wiring from the IAC to the ECU? (2K) The A/C relay wire is 1L,1O? When you read your codes what did you get, 34,67? Did you go through the Troubleshooting Section in your shop manual? Did you look at Jeff's?<p>http://www.mazdamaniac.com/shop_man/
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

I got a 15 and 17 code!
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

The code 17 is gone but i still have a code 15 anybody know what it means? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If you need to find out what a code 15 is, check the online manual, or look @ Jeff Abrans shop manual @ mazdamaniac.com.
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

Anybody know??
nolimits865

Post by nolimits865 »

code 15 is left side oxygen sensor where is it located?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”