msd tach adapter wont work

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sampsonmx3

msd tach adapter wont work

Post by sampsonmx3 »

I put the msd on my car using Abrams method and the tach went crazy at 4500 as expected. I bought the msd tach adapter and first used the wire splicers that came with it. I burned out two transistors before I realized that one of the splicers didn't go thru. Now I wired the third transistor- soldered the tach adapter wires- and started the car. The motor ran rough and almost stalled at four grand after backfiring. I have read where people put the adapter on with no problems, but the last time I could smell the transistor heating up and cut the tach adapter wires before having to replace another transistor. Any help would be great. Or I know I can buy a monster tach but I want to keep the in dash tach
timpronk

Re: msd tach adapter wont work

Post by timpronk »

what would happen if you soldered 2 resistors on instead of one? <p>I have the external coil with a crane cams ignition. So I would like to know if there are any solutions for the wacky tach after 6 g's also. I currently have one resistor soldered on.<p>TP
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
sampsonmx3

Post by sampsonmx3 »

using two resistors in parallel caused the tach to go crazy at 4000. And in two resistors in series the tach went to 3500.
sampsonmx3

Post by sampsonmx3 »

Does anyone have any idea????

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”