hows this sound "klze swap"

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx34u2nve

hows this sound "klze swap"

Post by mx34u2nve »

I'm doing the klze swap soon and i'm just wondering how this sounds and if it will work....<p>2.5l probe PACESETTER headers, take off the catyltic converter, and mx3 gs cat back exhaust by pacesetter.
Turbo 2.5l mx3
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: hows this sound "klze swap"

Post by Zoso124 »

What are you going to put in place of the catalytic convertor?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Dont get a pacesetter exhaust unless u wanna replace it after about 2 years because of rust. This has happened to many people and if u get roadsalt where you live, its even worse on it.<p>[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I agree that if you live up north or somewhere where it's really wet, then the Pacesetting is not going to be a good choice. However, if you live where it's pretty warm and fairly dry, then I think it's a great bargain. I have one on my car, and it's less than half of what the other cat-back systems are. I've had it for a year and so far no problems.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I'm in CT and I have one. Works fine. They come with 3-year warantees.
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

hehe ya did you read the warranty though. They basically say (in confusing words) that the warranty doesn't cover rusting out. LOL Oh well, like I said so far so good for me.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

dont get the pacesetter headers. there junk and dont fit our cars correctly.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Buff1110:
dont get the pacesetter headers. there junk and dont fit our cars correctly.<hr></blockquote><p>Meaning what? All headers have to be modified with fitted into the mx-3 bay?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Here is a reply i got from a representative at Vibrant Performance regarding a question i had about my muffler starting to rust after just two weeks of use lol.<p>
Quick Sliver,

First off let me thank you for choosing the Vibrant product for your exhaust system, the muffler that you've purchased is a high-quality full T304 stainless steel muffler. It's important to realize that stainless steel is stainLESS, and not stain-free. Rust and corrosion can occur on a stainless steel muffler, especially with our Ontario winters and the governments practice of using lots of salt on the road.

With proper care, however, your system should not have experienced any rust that could not be polished out or removed with proper cleaning.

Before we look into replacing the muffler, please snap a digital photo of the rust and corrosion so that I have an idea of the type and size we're discussing with your muffler. Our mufflers are certainly warrentied for corrosion, but only in cases where proper care has been taken with the mufflers. The system should be washed and polished regularly to ensure that no corrosion occurs.

While we are able to cover the cost of replacing your muffler for you, our warranty does not cover the labour of replacing the muffler system. Our full warranty is listed on the back of our catalogue, which is available for download on our website. for your convenience I've placed a copy of the warranty below.

Please send me a photo of your muffler, as I want to ensure that we take care of your situation as best we can.

Sincerely,

David Hord

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”