ZE Thermal spacer & Fuel injector question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gro Harlem

ZE Thermal spacer & Fuel injector question

Post by Gro Harlem »

I just ordered a set of Outlaw thermal spacers and was wondering if they are also used as intake manifold gaskets or do should I also replace the IM gaskets when I install them?<p>
Also, does the ZE have larger flowing fuel injectors? What are the K8 vs KLZE injector flow rates (in cc's?).
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: ZE Thermal spacer & Fuel injector question

Post by babyblueMX3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
[QB]I just ordered a set of Outlaw thermal spacers and was wondering if they are also used as intake manifold gaskets or do should I also replace the IM gaskets when I install them?
QB]<hr></blockquote><p>If I'm remember right, Outlaw answer your question in their FAQ
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

stupid me..this is straight off their site:<p>Do I need to install gaskets with the ThermoBlok spacers, or do they replace the manifold gaskets?<p>While ThermoBlocks can be installed with gaskets, most users elect to apply a "sensor safe" gasket sealant such as Permatex #1 instead of purchasing extra gaskets. If you choose to use gaskets instead, remember that you will need an extra set , one for each side of the spacers.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

just put a little of Permatex #2B on each side of the pheno's and your fine. K8 injectors flow at 170-180cc's IIRC and the KLDE/ZE flow at 220cc's. So if you use your K8 Intake manny on your ZE your gonna have to swap the injector rails. Don't lose the rubber spacers while you change them. You'll know what I mean when you do it. ;)
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”