CEL Frustration

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hy300

CEL Frustration

Post by Hy300 »

My engine flashed a CEL today, and it only stayed on for a little bit, so I decided to go home and check it out. Now, unfortunately, the host page of the CEL images in the archive is no longer working. So there are no pictures to guide me. No problem I thought, so I used a paperclip to jumper the TEN and GND pins under my diagnostic box. Hmm... but my box shows that there are two GND pins. Well I just connected the GND closest to the TEN pin.<p>I turn the engine to ACC and look to check the code, and guess what, SMOKE! There is smoke coming from my diagnostic box. So I take the key out, run around the car, and there is a smoldering paperclip sticking out of my Diagnostic box. I don't know what happened, but now I have pieces of melted paperclip in my diagnostic box, luckily not touching any other pins.
Hy300

Re: CEL Frustration

Post by Hy300 »

I went out and removed the pieces of paperclip, apparantly I did make a mistake and connected the +B and GND pins. What would that do? Then I tried again, the correct way.<p>Codes were 8, 10, 24. The VAF code is probably left over from two months ago when my VAF wiring harness was severed. The 10 and 24 are new, IAT and Feed Back system? What does the 24 code mean, what sensor is that reading?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

you jumped a positive (+) and a negative (-) together... same effect as if you touch a wire to the plus or minus battery terminals. Be glad you didnt short something out.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Well the car starts, and no CEL light when it sits, but I haven't driven it yet nor do I want to until I'm sure it won't die on the road. Should either the 10 or 24 code pose a problem that I need to worry about immediately.
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

#10 Intake air thermo sensor sorry about #24 my chilton does not show it
65 shot > V8
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

24 is rear 02 sensor inversion code
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”