A-Spec KL_ZE ***BEST***

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bentkarnes

A-Spec KL_ZE ***BEST***

Post by bentkarnes »

I have been researching places to buy my kl_ze from like mad. I called, I emialed, and harassed all the distributers I could find. What I found is that A-Spec was the best, for canadians anyway. They will charge 3000$ (CDN) for a complete swap. Thats all the parts, labour and 200hp under the hood. Of course I asked how good they were at this mx-3 swapping, the mechanic told me he does usually 1 a week, which is pretty good experiance wise. And he said availability for the engine is never a problem, just call ahead and your set. Now location was an issue since I live in Saskatchewan, and realistically I dont think anyone in this lame province can swap an engine nevermind a MX-3. A-Spec is located in Ontario so it's a hefty drive for me, so you also have to hork up soem cash for travel and accomidations. He said it could take 3-4 days, or maybe even 1.5 days, a little inconsistant but whatever. So this is what I found the best, if any one disagrees or has anything better let me know, later
saskatchewan sucks
Spydie

Re: A-Spec KL_ZE ***BEST***

Post by Spydie »

my buddy Eugene will do it for free as long as I help. That's a better price I think.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
maldo

Post by maldo »

I'm in Saskatoon. Haven't done the KLZE swap but I have swapped the engine out of mine 3 times including rebuilt it twice. Give Mainway Mazda a call, the boys there are the only ones who I trust to work on my car. Tell them I refered you. Another option is Prairie Autohaus here in 'toon. Yogi is amazing with DSMs, all the DSM crowd in this area goes there. Yogi used to race for Nissan back in the 70's so he knows a thing or two. My buddy Tyler works there, does all the swaps that come in, he is working on an H22 into a G2 integra right now, he could help you out, again, tell him I sent you. If you need credentials, Tyler has the 2nd fastest import in the province next to Blake's. If you have access to a garage, I would be willing to help. I don't have one here that I could loan out but would definitely help. Actually, I may have access but it would have to be checked out first. Call the 2 shops I have listed and see if they can do it. If you need help, call me @ 373-2060
bentkarnes

Post by bentkarnes »

well I like the idea of close to home and possibly cheaper labour but then who sells the cheapest kl_ze with ALL the parts ready to be installed? And I'd hate to get it intalled and **** up after because I couldnt blame you guys since your the ones willing to help, I'd rather **** over a commercial dealership. Oh and is mainway mazda on 8th street in stoon? because I took my car to Auto Color which they recommended and they did a piss poor job on installing my bumper. So I wouldnt mind going to s'toon to get this done but I would like to know a good place just to order the engine from. And what kind of garage do we need? like a mechanic one or just a house garage? my cuz lives in stoon, maybe you know him, kurtis sollusy, anyway, ill get back to you, later
saskatchewan sucks
maldo

Post by maldo »

Seeing as how the ZE is essentially the same engine as what you have there really isn't much that you need. I would recommend getting fluids, cleaners, new plugs, wires, coil, etc. I would suggest Street Imports for the engine, if you can find a place to do the swap, have it shipped there. You will have to have a truck to pick up the cherry picker from Acklands ($60 a day). If we do it at Jared's shop, he has everything we need. He is also a Mazda guy, fastest fwd import in the province and many a swap under his belt too. I don't know your cousin but we would need a garage or any sort. We don't need a lift, just jack stands. I can swap engines on my car in about 6 hours if all goes well so I don't forsee this taking me longer than 1-2 days. If you want my help, let me know so I can do some research on it. Right now I am building a G13 Suzuki GTi engine for a Firefly drag car so give me enough of a heads up so I can make some time for you. Weekends are best for me (usually). Payment in the form of a couple cases of beer works for me, especially if it is as hot out as it is today. <p>BTW, how old are you? I grew up in PA (many years ago).
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Aspec is actually really cool. They anwsered a couple questions I had when I did my swap. I would recommend them. As for Street Imports... Sean Matthews is a very smart person who has a turbo KLZE mx-3 himself but why pay $1800US just for the motor when you can get the same thing other places for far less? Talk to killerpickle on this board he got his swap done at Aspec would know better than any of us. :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
bentkarnes

Post by bentkarnes »

chris<p>I'm 19, Im just back in PA to work my summer job at the mill, I go to school in s'toon (Mckay yech.) Just today I called auto trader and am putting my car in there for 2 weeks, I'm kinda over pricing it, shhhhhhhhhhhh, so hopefully it will sell. Anyway, I have to sell my car and find an old *** MX-3 GS for around 3 grand so this could a take a week or a month it all depends. My knowledge on cars is pretty limited, and you seem to know you stuff so once I get all the above stuff done I'll either call you or post something again keepin you updated, and as for the beer... I'll bring a keg<p>-kent
saskatchewan sucks
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I would e-mail Skyblue pinch32@hotmail.com they did his swap and totaly FUUCKED HIM, ask him about the story. I still cant get his car to run right.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
maldo

Post by maldo »

I have a friend in PA selling a mint GS for about $7500 I believe. Custom paint, exhaust, stereo, etc. Why are you selling your MX? Is it a 4cyl? I personally would stick with the 4 cyl but that is just my preference.
bentkarnes

Post by bentkarnes »

Chris,<p>Yeah I've seen that car but I am sellnig ym car for around 10,000$ and buying a older cheaper V6 for about 3 grand and then dropping a new engine in it along with a body kit and wheels with the 7-8 grand diferance I'll have. I need the V6 anyway for teh KL_ZE swap unless I want to pay a large amount extra, so I read anyway.<p>-kent
saskatchewan sucks
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

lucky star and japan auto parts in toronto
1500cdn just kl-ze
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Japan auto sells them for $1500?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Engineland in Montreal $1200can
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

u guys mind running some links or numbers to these places..
im highly interested...
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”