New DE/ZE motor running but not well....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

New DE/ZE motor running but not well....

Post by Zoso124 »

Well I added a ground wire and the damn thing just fired right up. Wish I could have thought of that a month ago.<p>Well here's the new problem. First this is my setup...<p>KL-DE/ZE, ZE pistons, Port/Polished DE heads shaved .025, Interprep 280 Race Cams, Stiffer Valve Springs and Shims, and '96 Millenia Intake Manifold.<p>I'm using a 93 PGT ECU and VAF and K8 TB.<p>After the car warms up the idle goes from 800 to 1500rpms back and forth. I have checked the vaccum lines 6 times and they are all secure and hooked up correctly. I've sprayed Starting Fluid everywhere trying to find a leak and nothing.<p>I have put the TPS in every position imaginable and still no luck. Disconnected the IAC and it slowly dies out, rpms don't raise. Is the DE/03 ecu compatible with K8 IAC?<p>Whats wrong with this car?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
timpronk

Re: New DE/ZE motor running but not well....

Post by timpronk »

try using your 1.8 ecu and 2.5 airflow meter. Thats what I run and it works well. 2.5 ecu with the 1.8 vaf doesnt work so well for me. 1.8 ecu and 1.8 vaf doesnt work so well for me either.<p>Some adjusting of the idle screw along with the settings of the base idle screw and tps could help with the bouncy idle and almost stalling issue<p>Sounds like you have a nice engine, hope you get it figured out.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”