ths is making me sick

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dewthis

ths is making me sick

Post by dewthis »

Ever since i did the swap a month ago i have had a vibration. I thought it was my motor mounts so i ordered them and finally got them installed today and he vibration is freakin worse. I dont know what it could be it feels like the axles are coming through the floor. Just about fed up with the mx3, idont know what to do next. The axles are only about a year old. Is there any way it cold be the flywheel? I did not have that turned when i swapped it but it hardly had any wear. I dont know, this car is going to drive me razy and broke. ANY help would be nice!!!
65 shot > V8
Gabi

Re: ths is making me sick

Post by Gabi »

Is it there all the time?
How strong is the vibration?
See you in my rear wiew!!
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

It is mostly ther on acceleration and the more pedal u use the worse it is. I had to take he day off from work to take it to the shop. The thing is that it wasnt that noticable before they put the new mounts in.
65 shot > V8
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

did you install the rubber inserts betwen the front engine mount and the cross member, or between the cross member and the body?
Is the engine touching the firewall?
See you in my rear wiew!!
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I am not sure the shop tackled the mounts for me. Are you talking about the rear mount.I dont know they have the front tore down thinking it is is the cv joint or the hub or spindle somewhere. They have been pretty cool they had it in the shop all friday afternoon and didnt charge me anything. I tell you this is about enough to make me sell the mx3. I have had the ze in for a month or longer and still havent been able to get on it. Its like having a new toy and not being able to play with it. Anyways thanks for any help, By the way it does it worse when u turn to the left not as bad to the right.
65 shot > V8
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I have some vibration underneath my car as well, and it comes from the fact that my exhaust is touching the bottom of the car in one spot. So when you hit the gas, the exhaust going through the pipes causes it to shakes back and forth (this is normal) but that causes a vibration against the bottom of the car. I was able to dampen it out, but maybe that is what is going on with your car.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

The shop called today and said they were 90% sure it was the pass side axle. He said that it could have happened when they were took out for the swap. He said that i could have pulled on the outside joint making the bearing inside move? This makes sense since the noise is a loud clicking and that it gets worse when you turn. It just doesnt seem like it would go bad when the joint only has 10,000 miles on it. Any response would be nice thanks
65 shot > V8
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

If anyone reads this you might find this interesting. The shop said my vibraton was caused by my axles being too long. They said when i lowered it it put it in a bind and i gues the ze made it drop a little more causing the joints to be in a bind. They got a driver side axle from a protege and put it on my passenger side and now no vbration!!!! Now i have a valve cover leak back one at that where the two bolts are broke. That is going tohave to ride for a while all this about brokme. Has anyone else ever heard of this?
65 shot > V8

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”