engine missing badly with ac on

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pbr

engine missing badly with ac on

Post by pbr »

my v6 started running very rough and missing badly, figured out it was only with ac on, turned off ac runs fine, turn on ac runs terrible, ac still cooling, what is causing this ?
pbr

Re: engine missing badly with ac on

Post by pbr »

I am assuming when the ac compressor comes down it is causing some kind of electrical drain, is this a loose connection, or some kind of relay??
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

Have you tried taking it to a shop to have it looked at? Did you check for any error codes? Are you getting any warning lights?<p>Also, don't start a new thread for the same question.
pbr

Post by pbr »

I am trying to get some ideas before I go to the shop and get ripped off. I started a new thread because I didnt get a response on the first one, and thought I would reword.eom
pbr

Post by pbr »

no lights I dont know about error codes.eom
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

what do u mean the idle i messing up??? when u say that the ac runs terible do u mean the when u turn on the ac the idle goes up???<p>aj
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
Star

Post by Star »

Hey me to! When I put my ac on the car stutters and takes time to start moving. Mine is only a 4 cylinder though. Im not sure if thats makes a difference. Any ways any help would be great.
pbr

Post by pbr »

What I mean is the car runs great until the ac compressor kicks in then it barely runs, the ac cools, but the car misses badly and has no power.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Hmmmm almost sound like the clutch in the compressor is seizing up. Thats about all I can give on this one.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
pbr

Post by pbr »

According to the dealer one of the brand new ngk plug wires they installed two weeks ago is shorting and causing the problem. They sold me a new distributor after the plug wires because it was acting up, should I ask for my money back for that?
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

It is normal for the car to loose a considerable amount of power with the AC on. The compressor works in cycles so as it turns on u will feel the engine lagging and the idle fluctuating to adjust to the new load. ;)
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
pbr

Post by pbr »

Dealer put in another distributor, engine still intermittenly runs very rough missing badly as accelerating, doesnt do it when engine is cool, starting to think this is temperature related, possible thermostat, temp sensor?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”