The good news and the bad...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

The good news and the bad...

Post by Cage »

Well ..the Kl-ZE is almost ready to be placed into the car ...everything is done ...The bad news is the tierods and the balljoints are all on backorder....so I am not going to driving until friday...this gives me another paycheck to get the Motor mounts and the MSD ignition and coil..The 1.8 may be bad. I know there have been many posts but, what again is the reason the KL-ZE distrib will not work ??..The firing order is the same ..the harness is the same! hell this is the distrib for the KL-ZE :roll: ....Anyway, I am useing the KL36 Ecu ..the one that is designed for this engine...still confused as to why we can't use the Ze distrib. Can you clear this up ...?<p>Thanks
Cage
lazzyie

Re: The good news and the bad...

Post by lazzyie »

You can use the klze distributor, the wiring harness should be a tad different, you gotta wire up an outside coil, the problem being with using the klze disty is that you have to use klze disty caps and you can only get jspec disty caps through Corksport, or me.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Cage

Re: The good news and the bad...

Post by Cage »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazzyie:
You can use the klze distributor, the wiring harness should be a tad different, you gotta wire up an outside coil, the problem being with using the klze disty is that you have to use klze disty caps and you can only get jspec disty caps through Corksport, or me.<hr></blockquote><p>
Just the coil ...?? Any web sites you know of that show how to do this without the MSD?? Thank you!!<p>Cage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”