KL-ZE...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
snadman

KL-ZE...

Post by snadman »

I know this is an MX3 forum, but you guys seem to know a lot about the KL-ZE engine. I have a 96 626 LX in which I redlined and really messed it up. It had a cracked bearing and redlining made it worse. This sucked all the oil from the cylinders and basically means I need a new engine. Will the KL-ZE engine basically drop right into my car even though it's a JDM engine and my car is USDM...or should I just stay with a direct replacement and go witht he KL-03. I like the fact that the ZE has more horsies, but if it's going to make labor charges go up I'm going to go with the 03. Thanks.
95 Celica GT
96 626 LX
mx3man83

Re: KL-ZE...

Post by mx3man83 »

Im pretty sure its a direct swap. Since its a 96 i believe it is still the obd1 computer set up so u should be fine.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
snadman

Post by snadman »

So the wiring harnesses shouldn't be any different?
95 Celica GT
96 626 LX
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

No his car is OBDII, you will most likely have to swap your sensors from your KLDE including all the EGR stuff.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Oh so 96 and up is OBD II?? For some reason i thought it was 97..thanks dude
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by snadman:
So the wiring harnesses shouldn't be any different?<hr></blockquote><p>If you get any piece of a wiring harness with the engine you buy, remove it. You'll be using the wiring harness that is in your engine compartment, it's easier that way. Try to buy an engine that is already OBDII. This may be difficult if you decide to go KLZE but like someone already said, swap the sensors.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”