Few questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx34u2nve

Few questions

Post by mx34u2nve »

I have a few questions abou the ford probe, mx6 and 626 engine. I have heard them called both the KLDE and the KL03 and thhey put out abotu 170 hp. I want to get one, how much are they approximately. Is a probe one better to get than the mx6 or vise versa???
Turbo 2.5l mx3
curtklze

Re: Few questions

Post by curtklze »

The engines are all the same, they all have around 160-165 HP, what accounts for the H.P. difference is the ECU programming, the millenia has a higher comperssion ratio, better flowing heads and better flowing intake manifold, and has 170 H.P.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

So if i'm looking to turbochage my engine i'd probbly go with the mx6 or probe, because they don't have as high compression???
Turbo 2.5l mx3
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by curtklze:
The engines are all the same, they all have around 160-165 HP, what accounts for the H.P. difference is the ECU programming, the millenia has a higher comperssion ratio, better flowing heads and better flowing intake manifold, and has 170 H.P.<hr></blockquote><p>Millenia has the same CR as other North American KL engines.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pelado:
<p>Millenia has the same CR as other North American KL engines.<hr></blockquote><p>True for '93 & 94, but Millenia was increased to 170 for '95 to '97. All increased to 170 in '98.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

So if i'm looking to turbo an engine. And i want the one with the lowest compression, most hp, and newest year. what should i be looking for
Turbo 2.5l mx3
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by IanL:
<p>True for '93 & 94, but Millenia was increased to 170 for '95 to '97. All increased to 170 in '98.<hr></blockquote><p>170 is the HP number, not the CR. Come back with a CR number and a link to prove it.<p> :p
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

The newest would be a 626 engine. I found one off a 97 auto 626 (IMO that's better than probe/mx6 since it wasn't beat on as much) with very low miles 60k. So look around for any 626's as well. I think they were still made in 98...
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”