? 1.8 Disty won't time with the KL-ZE Disty marks?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

? 1.8 Disty won't time with the KL-ZE Disty marks?

Post by PATDIESEL »

I have got a funky problem.
I am swapping the 1.8 for a KLZE and am stuck on the swapping of the 2.5 disty for the 1.8 disty.
Before removing the 2.5 disty I marked the position of the disty and the button on the block. Then removed and installed the 1.8 disty.
The 1.8 disty will line up with the 2.5 disty mark, but at the far left adjustment allowance. The button however will not come close, it is about 45* off.
I have tried to use all three of the positions of the button and all adjustment of the disty and no combination will come closer than about 45* off.
The plugs for the 2.5 and 1.8 disy are completely different so I cant use the 2.5 disty. <p>HELP!!!!<p>Thanks in advance.<p>[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: PATDIESEL ]</p>
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
dennisvs

Re: ? 1.8 Disty won't time with the KL-ZE Disty marks?

Post by dennisvs »

I used the disty from the 1.8 because the kl-ze was broke.
It is possible.
look at the marks of the old disty.
It think 2 cilinders are marked different.
look to the old disty and just follow the wires from the cillinder to the disty.
should be no problem.
If it lost his timing, shift to the 4th and pull the car till the marks have the position you want.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I think that you have misunderstood my question. I am not haveing trouble with the spark plug wires. It is the distributor ignition timing adjustment that is the problem. Thanks though.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
pelado

Post by pelado »

What is a button?
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”