PRM V6 Intake coming soon

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blkmx3_v6

PRM V6 Intake coming soon

Post by blkmx3_v6 »

wuz up, fellow mx'ers got a few mods coming up for the summer :D one of them is the air intake i ordered from corksport this weekend...do you have to move the coolant tank? or do you just take out the stock air box and put that bad puppy in? I'm also doing a suspension upgrade,dropzone & tokico..should all be done in the next two weeks, pictures will follow. holla.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: PRM V6 Intake coming soon

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i didnt move mine.. is a tight fit though.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

I didn't put in the PRM, instead I put in my own custom CAI. I did have to move my coolant tank, but really it's not a big deal. You can see a couple pics of it at:<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>It actually makes more sense to have the coolant tank on the left side of the engine bay since that is where the radiator hose comes out at.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

I moved mine but it wasnt that hard i mounted it on the left side of the CAI and it works fine
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I dropped mine in that little cubby hole in the front...pretty easy..i guess its not necessary, it just gives you more room to play with.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
sheller

Post by sheller »

I just put mine in yesterday. I didn't have to move the coolant tank but I did take out the bottom bolt.
Steve

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”