cv axles and FPR

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

cv axles and FPR

Post by Guest »

im going to install my own CV axle here but i was looking in my chiltons manual and it says that i need a special tool to install it, and then i looked at the online manual, and it didnt say anything about this tool, which is correct?? and also does anyone know where i can get fuel pressure regulators for cheaper (got quoted at canadian tire for $155).
ikedasquid

Re: cv axles and FPR

Post by ikedasquid »

You don't need a special tool. I did it just fine with 2 crowbars, just be careful in 4 areas:<p>1) The rubber bushings (or whatever they are) that grease the stub that comes out of the ball joint are easily damaged by the crow bar, make sure to keep the crowbar from ripping them.<p>2) The threads are also easlily damaged on the steering control arm end link. sandwich a nickel or penny or somthing between the gear puller and the bottom of the link.<p>3) Use a stubby crowbar to get the drivers side axel out of the tranny.<p>4) Disengaging the stabalizer is optional, it is much easier to seperate the ball joint (knuckle?) with it removed, but the threads on mine were rusted over pretty good, good enough to snap the hex key that fits inside the end of it to keep if from turning. use lots of liquid wrench or just leave it connected. leaving it connected makes it much easier to damage the rubber bushings however.<p>note: this is all for a 94 RS with mtx.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”