klze Q

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MXKreepscort

klze Q

Post by MXKreepscort »

I heard that the klze manifold doesnt have an EGR tap and thats why it might not pass emissions tests, so does the ms8 manifold have an EGR tap?
David Coleman

Re: klze Q

Post by David Coleman »

MS8 mani has a EGR, but the exh mani doesnt, which doesnt matter cause you'll use your K8 exh manifolds anyways.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Can't you get an aftermarket exhaust manifold for a KL, and they have EGR taps too
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

yes u can get after market headers to use instead of the stock ones and they will have egr on them, BUT those headers are about 7inches longer than the mx3 ones so either A. they cut and reweld the collector (i think thats what its called) to make it shorter. B. your cat gets pushed back to make room for the extra length.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

You would have to use a Millenia EGR valve on the curved neck manifold, The KL,K8 EGR's dont fit.<p>last time I checked it was $400.00 CDN
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

EGR benefit is mainly to reduce Oxides of Nitrogen. If your emissions test does not include NOx (ours does not in UK) you might not want to bother.<p>I've seen previous posts from KLZE owners who have passed emissions with no EGR.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
MXKreepscort

Post by MXKreepscort »

for the aftermarket exh mani with the EGR, who makes them, and are they for the mx3 or mx6? I've seen some for the mx6 but I havnt found any for the mx3.
pelado

Post by pelado »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MXKreepscort:
for the aftermarket exh mani with the EGR, who makes them, and are they for the mx3 or mx6? I've seen some for the mx6 but I havnt found any for the mx3.<hr></blockquote><p>No, no one makes headers specifically for the MX-3. MX-6/626/Probe headers will fit but some mods have to be made (shorten exhaust pipe leading up to header outlet).
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”