klze intake manifold

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MXKreepscort

klze intake manifold

Post by MXKreepscort »

Im planning on swapping in the klze soon and was wondering if i would pass emissions inspection with its intake manifold... I heard that you dont pass with it and to use the aspec manifold instead, now wich manifold should i use, the 1.8, or the kl03's 2.5, also wouldnt I not get the full 200 horses if i use one of these manifolds instead of the klze's?
lazzyie

Re: klze intake manifold

Post by lazzyie »

Yes you would lose hp approxamatly 6hp. Depends on your state laws if you pass. I know a guy down here that used the ze manifold on his probe and passed fine with a new cat, 02 sensors, and the Aspec computer.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
pelado

Post by pelado »

You can't use the KLZE in an MX-3 cause the TB will hit the brake master cylinder. Use the US Millenia manifold, it has the same size passages as the ZE and a curved neck like the K8.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
MXKreepscort

Post by MXKreepscort »

so with the millenia manifold I would get the full 200 hp correct?... is this what everyone with an mx-3 does?
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

try and get a kl-ze with the ms8 intake manifold
if you get the mx-6 version kl-ze i would see if you can get the neck of the manifold cut and welded but I did this to my mx-6 version manifold it worked until i could find a ms8 manfold<p>mike
MXKreepscort

Post by MXKreepscort »

sounds like a good idea, now I heard that the klze manifold doesnt have an EGR tap and thats why it might not pass emissions tests, so does the ms8 manifold have an EGR tap?
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Spaking of the MS8 I.M.. Does anyone know or have the resources to indicate how it is installed on a KL=03?
I just bought one off ebay, just cant figure out the vaccumm line conections.<p>thanks
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I know., the grammar is poor. Sorry.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

My Chilterns has a good vacuum diagram, I can scan it if you like? <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EZ_4_FUN:
I know., the grammar is poor. Sorry.<hr></blockquote> One m in imitate ;)
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Id appreciate it !!!<p>email it to me at oscardevesa@sympatico.ca <p>Thanks!!!
OSKY

treckrtj

Post by treckrtj »

if you would be kind enough, e-mail it to me as well at treckrtj@yahoo.com Thanks a lot!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”