Question about KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Cage

Question about KLZE

Post by Cage »

OK,
The only thing left for me to do is send the check to Sun Engins. I told them I needed an KLZE with KL31 1A1 Cams but he told me all of the KLZE's Have them. I said I needed the curved neck intake because the stright neck will not clear the hood and or the master break cylinder. Is there anything else I should add to help explain that a Probe KLZE will not work for my needs ?<p>Thanks
Manach

Re: Question about KLZE

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cage:
OK,
The only thing left for me to do is send the check to Sun Engins. I told them I needed an KLZE with KL31 1A1 Cams but he told me all of the KLZE's Have them. I said I needed the curved neck intake because the stright neck will not clear the hood and or the master break cylinder. Is there anything else I should add to help explain that a Probe KLZE will not work for my needs ?<p>Thanks
<hr></blockquote><p>You need a Eunos 800 intake if I recall well.. But the v6 guys will give you that info ;)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

to my knowledge i thought that the curved neck kl-ze only cam with kl-03 cams and the mx-6 version with the intake that doesn't fit on the mx-3 came with kl31 cams
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Smokin mx-3:
to my knowledge i thought that the curved neck kl-ze only cam with kl-03 cams and the mx-6 version with the intake that doesn't fit on the mx-3 came with kl31 cams<hr></blockquote><p>Pauls had the KL31 cams and he had the millenia/MS8 curved neck IM.
Its not the hood that rubs, the straight neck hits the battery/master cylinder. I will work on those mx's though that are right hand drive.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cage:
OK,
The only thing left for me to do is send the check to Sun Engins. I told them I needed an KLZE with KL31 1A1 Cams but he told me all of the KLZE's Have them. I said I needed the curved neck intake because the stright neck will not clear the hood and or the master break cylinder. Is there anything else I should add to help explain that a Probe KLZE will not work for my needs ?
Thanks
<hr></blockquote><p>The heads I believe say KL131 (could have something after it but it says that) on a true KLZE. You can look between the intake runners to see the casting numbers. Someone verify that number please.<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Mine had kl-01 cams with a white dot car is still quick my engine was a 97 so they may have changed. I don't believe all kl-01 cams are the same. I think Coleman has the same cams as I do.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Cage

Post by Cage »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
<p>Pauls had the KL31 cams and he had the millenia/MS8 curved neck IM.
Its not the hood that rubs, the straight neck hits the battery/master cylinder. I will work on those mx's though that are right hand drive.
<hr></blockquote><p>
This came out of an automatic they have said. does that sound right? Also do you know if a J-spec Klze ECU for an automatic will work for a maunal trans?
Thanks
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I hadn't realised the straight neck is ok on RH Drive; that's good news. Do you need to use the MX-6/Probe flexible tube to connect to the VAF?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”