Water pump

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
natedwag03

Water pump

Post by natedwag03 »

I have a 92 Mx-3 GS and i just found out my water pump is leaking, Do you guys think it's ok if i drove on it for a while, with out replacing it, does it cause anything?<p>[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Nathan Neises ]</p>
92 Mazda Mx-3 V6 GS
andy

Re: Water pump

Post by andy »

not knowing you and how much you would pay attention to the temp guage and the coolant level.
I would categorize this as high risk. You risk overheating the motor, warped heads or worse.
Can you drive it? Yes. would I? no.
Sorry thats probably not the answer you want to hear.
Andy P. 93 GS
natedwag03

Post by natedwag03 »

thanx for the suggestion
i WILL PAY ATTENTION MY FLUID LEVEL AND THE TEMP guage.
but my temp guage it shows me it's normal temp (it goes up to in the middle), is that ok? i will replace the water pump by myself, but i heard people say you should replace the pully too does it matter if i don't replace the pully?

thanx nate
92 Mazda Mx-3 V6 GS
andy

Post by andy »

I did not replace my pulley, just transfered it over to the new pump. Just be carefull taking it off.
If and when you changed out the pump, go ahead and change the timing belt also.
The middle of the temp gauge is fine. but with a leaking water pump that temp can creep up on you and the next thing you know the needle is buried in the red.
Andy P. 93 GS
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I would just replace the water pump, belt, and pulley all at once while your in there. and my suggestion to you is STOP driving the car and fix it before you drive it agian.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
natedwag03

Post by natedwag03 »

Thanx guys, apperciate for helping me out.i wont drive it anymore until i fix it.
92 Mazda Mx-3 V6 GS

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”