I need advice

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tyler17rose

I need advice

Post by Tyler17rose »

i'm getting a oil change very soon, like in the next 2 days . and i want to know if i should get Synthetic oil. Its double the price, but if it makes a difference them i'll get it. So whats the deal? Ive heard it helps ellimnate the tapping noise. Oh and i'm getting new NGK plugs and wires aswell, anything wrong with those? good bad? <p>ANY advice would be very helpful! thanks
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
thebonestockkid

Re: I need advice

Post by thebonestockkid »

Synthetic is supposed to be better overall for engines.. as in its smoother, for lack of a better word, so it helps prevent wear and tear on the engine in the long run... personally i dont use it because i just dont care that much lol. but just know that if you put synthetic in you cant go back to the regular stuff... ive heard that from a number of different people so im guessing its true :D good luck, lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”