Exhaust Loud or not?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Tyler17rose

Exhaust Loud or not?

Post by Tyler17rose »

I was just wondering what you think would be better? A nice bolt on Muffler with a 3 inch tip that probably isnt that loud. But still louder than stalk. Or a universal muffler that screams? I really like a deep sound, but dont want it to totally disapear at high RPM. Any input on what exhaust i should go with, or wheather or not to stick with the bolt on would be nice.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Exhaust Loud or not?

Post by Custommx3 »

Id get a canister style muffler. I really liek the sound, especially on a GS.
I have one, so does paul, and so does my neighbor on his Mx-6 LS. They are loud... but sound good. I wouldnt recommend removing your resonator.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i have apexi and i like it
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

"loud" is relative....which means your question is relative, and through a computer, cannot be answered well.<p>With that said, Ive only heard the stock exhaust on a SE model with both a K8 and KLZE, and it sounds good.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”