I am totally lost now..hmm Please help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

I am totally lost now..hmm Please help

Post by zevirii »

Got my KLZE running last night after I change the timing belt, and tensioner. We made sure we did it correct this time.. Engine started right up afterwards. We ran it for about 15 mins, and reved it here and there to 4k or 5k. Everything was good..Got the wheels back on the today and took it out for a spin. First thing I noticed was my ACT clutch was engaging less than a inch off the floor. I thought let me take it arround the block and I will adjust the clutch when I get back.<P>I got to admit I poped the cluch about 3 times causing the motor to die. On the 3rd time it died it wouldn't start again. I pushed it back to the house which was a block away, and started tring to figure it out. I opened the timing cover on the top and looked in and the belts seem fine. There was no smoke and no burning smells. I acts like it wants to started but almost like it is flooded. I don't get it.. Whats going on?
lazzyie

Re: I am totally lost now..hmm Please help

Post by lazzyie »

did you change the knock sensor underneath the intake manifold? The car wont run if that wasnt changed. Pull codes as per the v6 faq forum. The clutch can be adjusted section h in the book with tell you how, mine still is only about 2" off of the floor i dont mind though. May need to bleed the clutch line as well. Good luck and at least its in we all had bugs to work out.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

It ran fine with the KLZE knock sensor for 25 mins almost.. Other people have them running with the knock sensor still installed from the KLZE. So I don't understand why you say it won't run with out changing them.. Please explain, I really want to know...
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

when you turn the key what happens any noise <BR>check the spark plugs what do they look like
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

maby (I'm not sure) you might have a bad slave cylinder this happened to my miata.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

It sounds like it wants to start but just can't... Its got to be a timing issue.. I called Mazda and the service manager said to check the timing belt to make sure it didn't jump a tooth on the timing belt. I checked the timing tonight again, and it wasn't really off, but just incase I reinstalled the timing belt again. Got it back together and still won't start... I took out the first plug and it was soaked in gas. I checked to make sure each cylinder is geting spark and they are all getting spark just fine.. The battery is brand new, and sitting at 12.5volts right now. <P>I don't know what to do, I am losing my cool... I am about to blow the damn thing up or something.. PLEASE HELP!!!!
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

read the post that david colman had....i think he had soaked plugs....think it was a timing issue<P><A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 5&t=001556" TARGET=_blank>davids swap post</A><P>hope that helps.<P><BR>aj
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
andy

Post by andy »

Are you getting spark at the plugs?<BR>Andy P. 93 GS
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

ghandi I read davids post and his was just a timing belt issue.. This might be to, but its hard for me to believe that now.. I mean we set the timing belt 3 times already.. Out of those 3 times the first 2 times it didn't have a problem starting.. Now this time it does. I called the Mazda guys again today, and he said make sure it has a strong spark.. He said it shoulf be able to jump a inch.. A whole inch? Doesn't sound right.. Any how if thats the case my spark is only about a 1/2 a inch.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys this is what happened...<P>When I drove it down the street and it just died. It was because the engine is getting way to much fuel. Timing wasn't adjusted yet. When it flooded I over reacted and instead of just pulling the plugs and cleaning them off, I instead thought the worse and adjusted the timing belt again.. DOOOHHHH!!! Then it still wouldn't start so I pulled the distributor and when I reinstalled it due to I was really tired I put it on wrong( cylinder #1 was at top distributor was at #4). Now it really didn't start. Friend came over fixed the distributor right way, cleaned plugs and VROOOMMM!!! Now I just have the problem with timing.. It still runs to rich, and has a jumping idle... 500 to 1500 to 500 to 1500, ect...
pelado

Post by pelado »

There are lots of threads on this board about the jumping idle and running too rich.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Got the running rich problem solved.. It was just a timing thing.<P>The jumping idle everyone says it is a vacume leak.. We check and double checked all the vacume ports ands no leaks... Maybe it just needs the KLZE ECU? I don't have the EGR stuff on this engine...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”