Engine Light

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
synap
Supporting Member

Engine Light

Post by synap »

Well my engine light just came on while driving home from work. The engine sounds fine and running normal. I just had the timming belt changed 2 weeks prior and oil change, and have been using octane 89 since the change. I am on the second tank. <P>My question is, could the type of gas cause the light to come on? It was on before I bought the car by went away.(tech said it was the ECU cuz the car was sitting for a year)<P><BR>The light has been looked at before and was found just to be faulty. <P>Is it the type of gas or does the computer chip need to be looked at(like my mpv)?<P>Thx in advance <BR> :)<BR>-----<BR>ps: if anyone in Ottawa reads this where is a good shop to get parts?
back alley

Re: Engine Light

Post by back alley »

i doubt it's the gas. i use regular by the way and the car runs fine.<BR>the check engine light is a very common problem with our cars. mine has been coming on for over a year and the car runs fine. do a search 'cause there are about a bizillion threads about this subject.<BR>the bottom line is if it bothers you try to find the cause and have it fixed. most of us seem to just live with it. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
lazzyie

Re: Engine Light

Post by lazzyie »

93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”