Performance Clutchs for KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

Performance Clutchs for KLZE

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys I need a Clutch arround or under $300 USD. Which of these is better?<P>ACT Z62-HDSS $305.15<P>or<P>CENTERFORCE Dual Friction $280<P>or<P>Clutch Masters Stage 1 10-026-HD00 $269.56
lazzyie

Re: Performance Clutchs for KLZE

Post by lazzyie »

no centerforce, whatever you do, i have the act, somepeople say clutchmasters this is a toss up!! I guess get one and if you dont like it get the other, dont forget to get your flywheel resurfaced
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Alot of the PGT guys who have had CM's for over a year now [since Rafi started selling them] are reporting slippage issues holding any forced induction on a regular KLDE [50 shot, turbo, etc]. Even on the Stage 3. I know Darin [highest hp internally stock KLDE] runs the same ACT clutch I have [the MX-6 V6 HDSS kit] and has over 300ft/lbs at the flywheel, no slippage....
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I thought the MX-6 version wouldn't fit because the sizes where slightly off for the 92-93's... Maybe that was just for the K8 and not the KLZE though... hmm so ACT would be better even though it is not a stage II...?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zevirii:<BR><STRONG>I thought the MX-6 version wouldn't fit because the sizes where slightly off for the 92-93's... Maybe that was just for the K8 and not the KLZE though... hmm so ACT would be better even though it is not a stage II...?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Stages mean jack. The MX-6 disk fit my 93 just fine, and everybody else in the past who run MX-6 clutch discs because they're 10mm larger. You could get an MX-3 one for the same cost, and it would hold less. Your call...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

I have act it works great with the klze.
xxxxxroninxxxxx

Post by xxxxxroninxxxxx »

i have the centerforce and i am very pleased
<A HREF="http://www.RONINMOTORSPORTS.com" TARGET=_blank>www.RONINMOTORSPORTS.com</A>
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

I have a clutch masters stage 1 that I put in with my klze. I have driven it for over a yr and it still is working great. I had my flywheel machined before I installed it though. If I had more money at the time of installation I would have bought a higher stage clutch becouse its a pain to do it again with the engine in.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”