idle and shift problems...please help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valkyire

idle and shift problems...please help

Post by valkyire »

my car usually idles around 500-600 rpm. whenever i start the car the idle bounces around and goes down to where the car almost stalls and sometimes when i'm driving, the car tries to die, and when i shift into reverse, the car just doesnt want to take the gas and it sputters and dies. I have to basically peel out to get the car to go into reverse. It does all of these things wether or not the engine is hot or cold. also in the morning, its almost impossible to shift from first to second. I'm at a loss here. any info that you guys can give would be a huge help. Thanks....sorry about the long post
andy

Re: idle and shift problems...please help

Post by andy »

Sounds like a crack in the plastic intake piping. Check the ribbed section for hairline cracks. Use some duct tape if you find any, this makes a great temporary fix.<BR> The second issue with shifting doesn't sound related to the first. Could be clutch,slave cylinder,shifter linkage,tranny fluid,syncros, or just your shifting. :) <P>Andy P. 93 GS
valkyire

Re: idle and shift problems...please help

Post by valkyire »

i checked the piping your talking about, and it is fine. Does anyone know what else it could be? if not, i'll have to take it to the damn dealer, and it will cost a fortune. Thanks in advance..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”