What do you think?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
viocurse

What do you think?

Post by viocurse »

Up until two weeks ago, i had a '96 CBR600F3. Then some low-life stole it, and now i have insurance money. I found a '93 GS for $3k. 113k mi, a/c, 5-spd, and a few broken things. Center console doesn't latch, ashtray missing/broken, driver's button for passenger window is broken, shiftknob isn't tight on the shifter and some more minor stuff i can take care of with touchup paint and glue.<P>Are there any common problems that i should go in looking for tomorrow? like a leaky water pump (like my old 4th gen f-body), or any thing expensive?<P>Is that a decent price? Clutch feels very tight, new radiator, a/c feels not as cold as it should be (or is that just how this model's a/c is?), new tires. should I come forward with $2.5k and bargain from there? Anyone live in Pheonix that wants to come look at it with me?<P>The insurance check should go through tomorrow, so i plan on buying it then.
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
:1.8liters of V6 fury, 2 shiny tips:
:for sale:
MazdaSpeed?
lazzyie

Re: What do you think?

Post by lazzyie »

drivers window buttons are $140 from mazda, pain in the a-- to find used, check the front and rear spark plugs wires if there is oil on them then the valve cover gaskets need to be replaced which mazda charges like 6 hours labor for, for warning these cars have very little aftermarket a lot of performance parts are custom, so if you are looking for speed not the easiest car to do it on, also our distributors have ignitors that go bad because of engine heat soak, the engine may also tick slightly which can be one of a few things synethic oils help to quiet this most of the time, however, sometimes this is a friction gear which is an expensive fix. Thats all the common problems I can think of. Good luck and welcome.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

thanks for the info. Heh, i am not looking into this car for speed, meerly for transportation that looks good and is still a bit spunky.<P>Coming from a '96 Z28 camaro that ran low to mid 13s (I had a few mods...), to the sportbike that was stolen, nothing short of a nasa rocket could qeunch my speed need. :)
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
MazdaSpeed?
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

might wanna see if the timing belt has been done too i had like 160,000 on my engine before the timing belt idler died and my belt snapped killing my overheating engine dead, ooops, oh the 4 cylinder is a much more reliable motor in my opinion but hey I love my car so its all good
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
viocurse

Post by viocurse »

check this out. want to know what my insurance is for this car?<P>25/50/25, no collision, $500 on comp, no medical (I have blue cross, so no need for car health)... 281/month.<P>yay! i love being male/18/and in arizona! best rates in the world!
Cam
Teal 1992 MX-3 5-spd
MazdaSpeed?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”