crazy engine swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
THStrumpet

crazy engine swap

Post by THStrumpet »

The guy who owns the show the performance shop around my place that has that nice mx-3 is planning on doing another mx-3 for racing. He is gonna swap a supercharged 2.5L (maybe 2.3L) V6 from a '98 or '99 Millenia into an mx3 GS he just bought. I asked if it would fit, he said they are gonna make it fit, hehe. What do you guys think about this???? How fast u think it'll be?? Should he just get the klze instead or rotary? Money is not a prob with this guy.<p>[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: THStrumpet ]
L83R,

Joel
SpeedConcepts #11

I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those 22 seconds or more, I'm free.
lazzyie

Re: crazy engine swap

Post by lazzyie »

well if money is no object, get a RB26DETT engine and tranny and make a Nissan Mx-3(my dream). If he is going to go mazda a say twin turbo cosmo rotary rwd or if he wants to go k-series engine, get a kl03 block and stroke it to 2.9, forge the internals(custom), and n02 that bad boy into the 11s/12s with a custom lsd tranny/gearbox, if he was planning on throwing a Millenia S motor in it will only be an auto and what the hell is the fun of that?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

does the millenia bolt to the 1.8 trans?<P>I would think you could push big hp out of the 2.3L<P>I would like to see the 20b rotory Rwd :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

marcus acosta had a 3 rotor mx-3 drag car that did the quarter in just over 6.6 seconds.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

or u can put in lexus 3.0 v6 not bad for speed :p its in my lexus and its fast man, i bet it can smoke kl-ze swapped mx-3, i wish i had another engine from it, anyone wanna try put it in their mx-3 thats gonna be beast, smoking 5.0's Si's and other "muscle cars"
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”