damn cops

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chance

damn cops

Post by chance »

I know this isn't really the right place for this post. <P>Do those of you driving red mx-3's get pulled over a lot? I'm considering painting my car blue just cause I keep getting pulled over. I got pulled over Thurs. night for 48 in a 45. the cop let me go after he harassed me for awhile and stuck his head inside my car and sniffed. then i got pulled over again last night, i wasn't even speeding. the best this cop could do is ask me if I had any neon lights on my car and if I'd been in camble county lately. after answering no to both he let me go too, but this is getting to be a serious nuisance. I've been pulled over 3 times in the passed 2 weeks, and I don't even speed, (When there's cops around!)
lazzyie

Re: damn cops

Post by lazzyie »

your probably right about this not being the right place, but i get pulled over about once a week, cops dont like my car its too loud? its a stock exhaust? I got asked if i was selling at a 7/11 earlier that night, someone said it was a blue dodge neon, dammit my car is not a f*cking dodge neon they dont even have a hatch
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i have a red one, but i don't get hassled...even with blue headlights...but that may be because i have primered hood/fenders!
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Here's a trick for you. If they ask you what you're doing, say it's none of their business. If they ask you what you have in your car, say it's none of their business. If they ask you to get out the your car, tell them no, because you don't have to.<P>They can't make you do any of the above, and if they do, you can sue them.<P>I did.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to Off Topic. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

aiden,<P>I think you are wrong. I suggest no one should take your advice. Though you may have the right to "remain silent", you should not be a jerk to a po-po, or they will find a reason to ticket you/take you in...<P>Also I believe this post would go in the "general mx-3" forum...<P>I've been pulled over on the highway, she said I was doing 145 (km) and I know that I wasn't, becuase my cruise was set for 115km/h like I always do on the way home. So I argued (politely) for 10 minutes and she finally believed me, and let me go with no ticket...<P>later.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”