ZE at mechanics

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ghandi1981

ZE at mechanics

Post by ghandi1981 »

went to drop off my CMIII and fidanza flywheel today :D :D :D saw my old clutch and it looked like s---...anyways....the mechanic was telling me that the exaust manifold on the ZE is the same as the 08...i checked it out and it did look the same...is this supposed to be true??? i thought the exaust mani from the ze had to be replaced by the 08 exaust mani.....was i ripped off?????<BR>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
timpronk

Re: ZE at mechanics

Post by timpronk »

if I remember correctly the rear exhaust manifold from the 1.8 has a egr hookup in the cast and is the one to use, but the front exhaust manifolds are the same.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

The KLZE exh manifolds are angled different. Swap over your K8 upper manifolds to make sure it will fit.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

yea im going to the shop again today to drop off my water pump, wp pully, and timing belt :D :D :D ...ill take my digital camera and post pics so yall can see what i am talking about....i also printed out some papers to give to my mechanic to see if he can find kl31....on the block somewhere....whould suns's engines have sent me a non-ze??? i told them when i ordered it that it was going into a mx-3... and they told me they were gonna send the one with the right intake manifold but would they have swapped out the exaust mani too????? oh yea also too yesterday the mechanic showed me the place one the ze where the egr would go...it has holes and stuff to mount the egr but it look like nothing has ever been there(nothing was on it when it came in)....<P><BR>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

k i took some pics but i dont have a site to host them on :( <P>AJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”