ZE Gurus....help!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Show_MX

ZE Gurus....help!

Post by Show_MX »

Got the ZE motor in, not a problem. New problem, ordered the ze ATX tranny to go with it but cannot figure out the wiring at all. I called streetimports and Sean is in Japan so I can't get a hold of him and I need the car on the road. If anyone has any diagrams of the wiring for the tranny to the ecu wiring or what not, I'd appreciate it. Worst case is I will have to go 5 speed but I'd rather not since I have the money into the ATX already. Please let me know.<BR>-kevin Gettens
lazzyie

Re: ZE Gurus....help!

Post by lazzyie »

not a guru by any means but you should have a shop manual that has the diagrams, i think you may need a different ecu too, not sure though, good luck and why auto and not 5 speed?
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

mazda autos suck donkey b**ls!<P>get the 5 speed man or you'll be manually shifting the auto anyway :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Worst case is I will have to go 5 speed but I'd rather not since I have the money into the ATX already.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That mean your putting in an auto? Or a 6spd or am I completely reading this wrong? Maybe I just need sleep or something.
-Golli

Post by Guest »

did the axles fit?????
Show_MX

Post by Show_MX »

I'm doing the ATX because that is the only way the ZE came, from what I understand. I'm not going for 1/4 mile slips, I'm going for show points. As for ATX "sucking" your opinions are your opinions. For the axles, I had to get custom axles made so that is why I want to keep pursuing the atx as opposed to the 5-speed. I have tried looking at the manuals, but the problem is it's the ze tranny and the wires are not the same.
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Gettens:<BR><STRONG>I'm doing the ATX because that is the only way the ZE came, from what I understand. I'm not going for 1/4 mile slips, I'm going for show points. As for ATX "sucking" your opinions are your opinions. For the axles, I had to get custom axles made so that is why I want to keep pursuing the atx as opposed to the 5-speed. I have tried looking at the manuals, but the problem is it's the ze tranny and the wires are not the same.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>not saying ur wrong bro.....but lots of people have 5 speed ZE's!??? im gettin mine done soon, as soon as i sell my silver one, but hey, im not really sure, i just though u could get 5 speeds in the ze. anyways,. later bro, nice car man! and props to the auto's! haah<P> :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

if youre going for "show points" , why not just say you swapped in the ZE? They look the same.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
pelado

Post by pelado »

[img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] My ZE came with a flexplate which was removed and replaced with a flywheel.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

my ze came with a flexplate and I was embarrassed then I installed the flywheel and I felt better about myself :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

autos dont suck but i hope that you got a Mx-6/probe engine, talk to Sonicxtacy about the auto ze stuff i would thing he would know.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

My ZE is stick. My 1.8L has a US-spec mx-6 auto tranny so i'm not too familiar with this. The problem i had was getting the electronically controlled tranny to work with an engine that sent mechanical info to the 1.8L tranny ECU.<P><BR> Somethings i would ask:<BR>Is this really a ZE engine? If you've confirmed that then did this tranny originally come with the engine? If you have a pre 97 ZE it wont hook up correctly with a newer year tranny as they changed the tranny ECU i believe. You may wanna take it to a transmission shop and see if they can troubleshoot through it. <P>Keep us informed though, i was looking into swapping a ZE in my auto next summer
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”