Squeaks?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Xero

Squeaks?

Post by Xero »

I dunno what other folder to post this under, but when I hit any size bump, I hear a squeak from the back of the car. After searching around with a friend driving, I think it's coming from the third brake light housing. I tried tightening that up, but I still hear squeaking. Anyone have this problem/know what's up?
-Only Two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity; and I am unsure of the former. -Albert Einstein
rrances

Re: Squeaks?

Post by rrances »

I don't know if this will help but it just worked on my GS.<P>I had my mechanic look for the squeaks because he told me he is extremely good at finding and getting ridding of squeaks/rattles. That loser not only did not find the squeak but severely damaged the plastic inside the car that covers the roof. He never did find/get rid of the squeak.<P>I just lifted the hatch, looked down, and liberally sprayed WD40 into the hatch locking mechanism. Squeak gone.<P>Hope this helps.
Psyrg

Re: Squeaks?

Post by Psyrg »

An easy way is to find some back road and go for a drive with someone fumbling about in the back of the car. Just push gently on pannels to see if pressure there helps with the rattle. Thats how I got rid of a rattle in the dash of my MX-3.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”