Custom intake install pics!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamxstyle

Custom intake install pics!

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Props to elude my buddy from mx6.com boards for all his help on teh custom cai.<P>Hope you like how it looks.<BR> Image <BR> Image <BR> Image <BR>Peeks out JUST below the splash guard I had to cut. I think its in a perfect spot it never even gets warm.<BR> Image
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
Bri94GS

Re: Custom intake install pics!

Post by Bri94GS »

looks good...only thing is the water...be careful about puddles, etc
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
93emeraldGS

Post by 93emeraldGS »

about to say its pretty sweet but water ..snow or whatever weather conditions might get to it?<P>still nice
Ramdao

Post by Ramdao »

VERY NICE, BUT ONE THING NOW YOU NEED TO BUY, A BY-PASS INTAKE VALVE, TO AVOID ENGINE DAMAGE DO TO WATER INGESTION, IT´S A MUST.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

looks sweet but you should have shortened the tube and not cut your splash guard. get the aem bypass valve or the first rainy day say good bye to your motor<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Ive noticed everyone here is telling me about the water, I will be getting a bypass valve but Its actually not needed all the time. Theres been huge discussions on mx6.com explaining how the only realy way water is going to get into the engine is if the cone filter is completely submerged. My friend and I have drove 80 in rain and splashed through puddles on his mx6 with the same intake setup as me and no water was inside his tube after that. But Just to be safe I will be getting a bypass valve.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

that's a good lookin custome intake :) I also hear ya on the water thing, the MX6 guys are correct, but as always, the valve won't hurt. as for the not cutting the splash guard comment, heh, that's how it get's such nice fresh air ;)
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

ya no joke if the splash guard was still there it would restrict a lot of air. Its workign awesome my best mod yet!
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

How important is it to have the hose that sucks air into the valve covers suck up fresh air?
bugz

Post by bugz »

i have basicly the same set up an i havent had any prob with water...i left the rubber from the intake till the last ridge an used that to hold the vaf..the intakes for a 93 civic worked perfect the b&m cone sitts on the splash gard right above the whole.. is it reall restricting air flow..
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
bugz

Post by bugz »

is it true that the hose thats runns off the left that gives air to the valve cover cant that run off its own little filter.. i was told its just to minumise intake noise ..
92GS.KLze 2.5 ,CT26 TURBO,40K MILES,Ram air intake,2.5 cat back,coming.pullys,cams,Pistons,
valves & springs,venom injectors.
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

Where did you find the piping?<P>build a ram air to the front air dam and pic up some good top end. I have a 9x5 inlet to a sealed box. runs nice over 140mph :)
13.023 @ 105 mph
93mx3gs

Post by 93mx3gs »

Aaron, do you have the MX-6 Tranny? With my 4.38 gears I can only run 130-135mph.
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

piping is from shucks from a 2000 civic intake. Ya I think you can just put that little hose and give it its own filter all it does is suck air and mix it into the engine.
mattster

Post by mattster »

yo man looks good... i have seen that same piping at shucks, i assume you had to cut it to slip the VAF in? or did you have to buy 2 seperate ones? also, i like how you cut out that cross bar in the nose. i would like to know how you managed to do that without having little holes in the side walls?<P>just a personal opinion, i bet your car would look really nice if you would put some chrome mesh in the front nose! thats what im planning on doing once i cut out my cross bar!
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”