head swap possible?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
chance

head swap possible?

Post by chance »

is it possible to put a set of heads off a kl-ze or kl-de on a kl-08, i know its possible, but will it run that is my real question. the cams can be swaped so why not the whole heads?
pelado

Re: head swap possible?

Post by pelado »

That is an excellent question, much better than those stinkin' muffler questions.<P>Hopefully David will reply. <P>I'm not certain of the answer but I believe the valves are spaced too far apart for the bore size (i.e., valves can contact cylinder bore).
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

on the subject of the ze hey pelado can u shoot me a PM with ur email addy so i can ask you a few questions about your swap...thanks<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Pelado is right: the valves are too far apart for a 75mm bore. Also, the combustion chamber is bigger than a K8 head, so you'd lose effective compression. Might make an interesting turbo setup if you bored it over to ~85mm.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”