My window

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
o0loopy0o

My window

Post by o0loopy0o »

my problem is that my passenger window wont roll down from the Controll on the passenger side but when i use the driver side controlls it will rolldown does n e one know how to fix this?<P>92gs v6 black
pelado

Re: My window

Post by pelado »

You don't have access to an owner's manual, do you? :roll: <P>Look at the driver's armrest in the door. See the switch labeled On/Off? Place it in the On position and then try the passenger door switch.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

haha yeah i know that switch but it dosnt work eiathe rwhen its turned on or off and yuh i got the manuel
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Loopy:<BR><STRONG>haha yeah i know that switch but it dosnt work eiathe rwhen its turned on or off and yuh i got the manuel</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Check the connections to the lock-switch on the drivers side and the connections to the passenger-side control. If you have a multimeter, check each switch to make sure it's got continuity when switched on.<p>[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

you said it doesn't roll down from the pass side right? does it roll up from there?<BR>reason for - sounds like the switch has a contact problem with the positive wire. you may wanna take the switch out, take it apart and clean the metal contacts of dirt and corrosion. don't loose any parts especially those little white prongs. put it back together the way it was and test it. <P>FYI : on the switch there should be 3 wires coming in and 2 going out ( they may look like 5 going in) but 4 are connected in the switch so that the drivers side can control the window. the 5th wire holds a 12v power source for the switch to connect to when it is pressed. to see what I mean go check the online manual z-section pg z-104 and there is a wiring diagram on the system.
georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

Hey man... have you changed the window switch... did the passenger side switch work before? I have experienced a couple of problems that caused the passenger side to stop working... the first one was when I changed the driver side switch.. i got an auto-down switch and apparently it doesnt work hand-in-hand with the non-auto-down models... second... i've had the power switch (on/off) break before... could be either...<P>george
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”