estimated power increase

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93mx3gs

estimated power increase

Post by 93mx3gs »

I have a 93 GS. I recently installed a custom cat-back system, I wish that I would have gotten a highflow cat, but I just put a new stock one on to save $. I ran 2.25" pipe back to a magnaflow muff. Also, I just installed new plug wires, and have notice a pretty large increase in power. After I buy or build a cold air intake how much of a power gain am I looking at? I realize that hp gains don't just add up. And what should my next step be? Headers? ECU? I'm currently saving for the KLZE swap! Thanks for all the advice!
aaronthehic

Re: estimated power increase

Post by aaronthehic »

build a ram air intake with k+n <P>or high flow cat maybe a test pipe just for the track ;)<BR> they always say exhaust is the cheapest [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
13.023 @ 105 mph
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

hp gains of like 5-10 with intake and exhaust, as for what to do next ze swap save the money do it sooner!! or if you get headers wait till you have the engine out and then throw them on, it is such a b---- to get behind the engine, have fun good luck
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I would just save the money for the KLZE swap.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”