Them squeeling belts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Maddbuck

Them squeeling belts

Post by Maddbuck »

I Know this has been asked before, cos I looked it up, but anyways I had some concerns. the squeeling belts started and I was not bothered by them till the summer and they got worse so I took the time and tightened them according to the online manual. Anyways it lasted all of a week and then the squeeling came back. I know it is the aircon/alternator belt cos it only does the squeeling when the A/C kicks on first time I startup. After a rev and major squeel it goes away for the day.<BR>My concern is, if I tighten it up again and the squeeling comes back should I then retighten it up again or say to heck with it and get a new A/C Alternator belt?<BR>because I don't think I can keep on tightening up the belt, and it is a mission to get in there. Both were replaced Nov 2001.<P>Thanx
lazzyie

Re: Them squeeling belts

Post by lazzyie »

new belts are like $20 each and it takes about 30 mintues to replace them... i say fix it the right way but thats just me
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
marksoden

Re: Them squeeling belts

Post by marksoden »

I just don't use my air conditioning anymore...but now it's doing it without the air on...so I think it's time to take it in to the local shop...
---------
94 Black MX3 GS Manual

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”